The last time it was detailed, M80 was used with an ROB and the results were fantastic.After hearing so much about D151 from my fellow Malaysian detailing fanatic, KC, I wanted to try it out myself and compare it with the M80 which worked so well before.
I was expecting this detail to be a simple one but it would turn out to be otherwise with the soft Honda paint.
Some before shots:
Doesn't look too bad from far....
Washed the wheels and wheel wells with APC 1:10 and agitated with various brushes and rinsed off with water:
Clayed the car after wash. There seemed to be a lot of contaminants on the paint surface which was removed by the clay.
Took a few pictures of the paint defects before starting work.
50/50 with M80/W8006 on a Makita rotary. Big improvement with the swirls mostly removed after one pass.
What followed was a battle with the soft Honda paint. (Wiping off the polish with a MF towel could cause some slight scratches if too much pressure was applied.)
Various products were tried out with the Makita and my trusty ROB but I could not find a one step solution to get rid of the swirls and also produce a haze free finish. It was quite frustrating trying to find that one elusive product hence the lack of more pictures. I am wondering if M205 would have done the job. (Need to get some when Meg's Malaysia brings it in.)
After a few hours, I finally settled on D151/Yellow Solo Wool pad/Makita for correction followed by D151/W8006/ROB to finish.
By this time is was quite late in the night and I decided to call it a day after finishing a few panels.
Some after shots on the areas which were completed, taken the next day after a good nights sleep:
To be continued another day......