Optimum Opt-Coat on a Proton Exora.
Finally got round to Opticoating the Exora. The weather's not been that great and the white color is great at exposing all of the dirt and water spots that are baked in to the paint.
Check this one out... stains on the hood.
First up, Optimum Power Clean to remove the stains followed by claying with ONR lube to pick up any remaining surface contaminants.
Looks much better after justs the Optimum Power Clean and claying.
Closer inspection of the paint with a halogen light. Plenty of swirls on the paint.
As I wanted to compare the Optimum Hyper Polish with Meguiar's M205, I started out a test section with M205. Based on my previous experiences with M205, I expected it to work smoothly but surprisingly the M205 gummed up and caked onto the paint making removal a challenge. After just two passes I gave up and tried the Optimum Hyper Polish.
On this particular vehicle's paint, the Optimum Hyper Polish was so much better than M205 and I was truly surprised to find that it worked into the paint very well and had lots of lubricity and an almost buttery feel to it. Nice to work with and great results.
The paint was then wiped down with IPA to ensure that it was as clean as possible before the Optimum Opti-Coat was applied. All paint, glass and plastics were coated.
It started to rain halfway through the Opti-Coat application. After about half-an-hour the Opti-Coat should have cured enough to touch.
Its been nearly a month now and the Optimum Opti-Coat has held up fantastically well. It seems to be a lot harder for dirt to stick on the paint and the water beading is amazing!